I had been hearing about the internet-famous Always Pan for months, so when they reached out to let me try it – I jumped at the opportunity!
I received the limited edition set that comes with everything you need for a 🌶 night in:
• Always Pan in colour Heat – brand new color!
• Bamboo steamer and cooking chopsticks
Our Place is an LA-based company making cookware and dinnerware with the mission of helping people connect over home cooking.
The Always Pan is designed to replace 8 traditional pieces of cookware: a fry pan, sauté pan, steamer, skillet, saucier, saucepan, nonstick pan, spatula, and spoon rest. It allows you to braise, sear, steam, strain, sauce, fry, boil, serve, and store.
What I Love about the brand:
Our Place invests in ethical factories that provide supportive environments and compensation to their teams. They make products with thoughtful and responsible materials as often as possible.
What I love about the Product:
- It’s beautiful and comes in many colours
- It’s SO easy to clean – and comes with a neat sponge to use!
- It really is nonstick
- It heats quickly and evenly
- It doesn’t require much (or any) oil when cooking
- It’s incredible convenient and comes with a custom steam basket and nesting spatula
- Exclusive high-performance ceramic nonstick surface
- No PFOAs or PTFEs
- Replaces 8 pieces of cookware
- 2 easy-pour spouts
- “Stay cool” lid and pan handle
- Beechwood spatula and built-in spoon rest
- Modular lid to release or trap steam
Bamboo Steamer (only included with Red Hot Bundle)
- Handwoven bamboo walls and base
- FSC-certified, ethically-sourced lightweight wood
- Includes a set of bamboo cooking chopsticks
“Is it safe?”
The Always Pan features an “exclusive non-toxic, nonstick ceramic coating made without potentially toxic materials like PFOAs, PTFEs, other PFAs, lead, cadmium, toxic metals, and nanoparticals.”
So what was the first thing I made in my new Always Pan?
Pasta, of course!
Easy Spinach Alfredo
- penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Handful baby spinach
- Add your strainer to the Always Pan and fill with water. Bring to a boil to cook the pasta. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Lift your strainer out of the pan and set aside.
- Empty the water and prepare the sauce. Add the butter and minced garlic and sauté over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or just until the garlic is soft and fragrant, but not brown.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the milk to the skillet along with the cream cheese. Heat the milk and cream cheese while stirring and combining with the wooden spoon, until the cream cheese has fully melted into the milk.
- Mix in the grated Parmesan cheese and continue to stir as the sauce comes up to a gentle simmer. When it reaches a simmer, the sauce will thicken. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Add the fresh spinach to the sauce and stir it in until it has wilted and become limp. I threw all my spinach in and closed the lid to speed up the process. Just make sure your stove is on low.
- Add the drained pasta to the spinach alfredo sauce and stir to combine. Top with freshly shaved parmesan if desired.